1. Director and Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Polaris healthcare, Wakad, Pune
2.Consultant Joint Replacement surgeon at Apollo hospitals lavasa, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
3 Section Editor: Journal of Orthopaedic Case Report
4. Editorial board member: Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
5. Senior executive and Research consultant: Indian Orthopaedic and Research Group
|Qualification||Board/University||Institute||Year of Passing|
|DNB||PUNE||B.J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune. .(M.S)||May 2004|
|D.ortho||PUNE||Pravara medical trust, Rural Medical CollegeLoni.(M.S)||Dec20001|
|M.B.B.S.||PUNE||JMF A.C.P.M. Medical College. Dhule. (M.S)||October 1997|
Basic Fracture Fixation Course
Spinal Instrumentation Course
Basic Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Course
CME for Post-Graduate Students
National arthroplasty course
Delta arthroplasty Course
Revision Arthroplasty Course at Mumbai
Ranawat orthopaedic conferences, Mumbai,Hyderabad, delhi, kocin, pune since 2008
Indian society of hip and knee surgeons pune, Chennai
AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
Distinction in E .N. T during the MBBS course.
First in diploma in orthopaedic course in entire pune university
1.Consultant Joint replacement surgeon.
Dept of Joint Replacement Surgery ,
Sancheti Joint Replacement Center
Sancheti Institute Of Orthopaedics and Rehabilatation , Pune
Nov 2004 to June 2011
2. Registrar, Dept of Orthopedics
B.J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune
Jan 2002 to Dec 2003
Handling of different types of emergency cases and surgeries.
Handling of different emergency cases and performing planned complex orthopedic surgeries
Performed emergency surgeries and complex polytrauma cases.
3. Registrar, Dept of Orthopedics
Mulund Municipal Hospital, Mumbai
Aug 2001 to Dec 2001
Handling of general and mass casualties at emergency departments
4 .Resident, Dept of Orthopedics
Pravara Medical Trust, Loni.
Jan 1999 to Dec 2000
Management of Casualty Department and Management of Polytrauma Cases.
Responsible for Conducting Undergraduate Teaching and Training
5. Medical Officer, Public Health
Primary Health Centre, Jalumb, Buldana Dt.
Nov 1997 to Oct 1998
In Charge Medical Officer of Primary Health Center
Successfully Prevented and Controlled Cholera Epidemic
6. Resident ICU
Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
May 1997 to Oct 1997
Management of Advanced Medical and Surgical Emergencies
Management of crush syndromes, Multi Organ Failure and Cardiac Patients.
Extensive Training in emergency procedures like Intubations, Inter Coastal Drainage, Ventilator Management.
|Sr. No||Name Of Institute||Duration||Post Held|
|Sancheti Institute Of Orthopaedic nd Rehabilitation , Pune (M.S)||
Nov 2004 to june 2011
|Consultant joint replacement surgeon|
|1||B.J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune. .(M.S)||Jan 2002 to Dec 2003||Registrar in dept of orthopaedics|
|2||Mulund Municipal Hospital, Mumbai||Aug 2001 to Dec 2001||Resident, Dept of Orthopedics.|
|3||Pravara Medical Trust, Loni.||Jan 1999 to Dec 2000||Resident, Dept of Orthopedics|
|4||Primary Health Centre, Jalumb, Buldana||Nov 1997 to Oct 1998||Medical Officer, Public Health|
|5||Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune||May 1997 to Oct 1997||Resident ICU|
Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and Sancheti Joint replacement Centre – is an advanced teaching institute and referral center for Orthopedics and specialized joint replacement centre performing more than 1000 joint replacement surgeries per year. The centre caters for primary hip, knee, shoulder and elbow replacement surgeries as well as revision surgeries for the same.
The parent institute take care of trauma, spine, oncology ,shoulder, hand &foot, and paediatric surgeries, accounting for almost 800 major surgeries per year
Working as joint replacement surgeon I have
1.Performed Four Thousand primary knee and hip replacement surgeries along with revision and reconstructive hip and knee surgeries since 2004
2.Clinical examination of the hip and knee joint patients on out-patients basis in a fixed proforma
3.Follow-up of the operated cases with fixed outcome assessment proforma for different conditions
4.Performing the entire gamut of joint replacement surgeries such as for degenerative, post traumatic arthritis, revision surgeries.
5.Conducting research work in primary, revision replacement surgeries and minimally invasive joint replacement surgery and outcome assessment in arthroplasty.
6.Assisting and performing navigation assisted surgery for joint replacement
As an Orthopedic Surgeon , I have hands-on experience in
-complex fracture surgeries
- spine surgeries
- joint replacements
- Ilizarov’s fixators
- Hand surgery
- Paediatric orthopaedics
- Arthroscopy of knee
During my post-graduation I was actively involved in theater duties, ward management, teaching the undergraduates in orthopaedics, carrying out research activities and emergency duties on a rotation basis. I had the chance to develop my expertise in different fields of orthopaedics and finally focused on the joint replacement surgery.
I have been actively involved in teaching post graduates, junior residents, undergraduate students ,nursing staff & trainees through lectures, case presentation, power point presentation, quizzes, seminars & bedside teaching at B.J. Medical College Pune .
I am working as university approved teacher for sancheti college of physiotherapy, and examiner for physiotherapy for Maharashtra University of Health Sciences Nashik.
Worked as Incharge Medical officer at primary health centre and was involved with day to day activities of the entire centre, in co ordination with District health office Buldhana (M.S )
Also I have trained primary health workers, community health workers (as a Medical officer) through various awareness programs, seminars & fieldwork.
As a medical officer, successfully controlled the cholera epidemic.
Working as Director of POLARIS HEALTHCARE, a multispeciality hospital from last one year, and involved in day to day hospital administration.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS (National & International )
1. The INDUS Knee Prosthesis – Prospective Multicentric trial of a posteriorly stabilized high-flex design: 2 years follow-up. Indian J Orthop 2009;43:367-74.
2. Management of Unstable Osteoporotic Intertrochanteric Fractures of the Femur in the Elderly by Primary Partial Hip Replacement. Published by Indian Journal Of Orthopaedics.
3. Medial defects in TKA- Results of a novel Press Fit technique of bone grafting – article submitted to JBJS Br. Jan 2010.
4. Role of fibular plate and cast in management of distal tibia fractures – Accepted for Publication in Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.
5. Femoral Neuropathy caused by Unfixed Lesser Trochanter fragment in an Unstable Intertrochanteric Femur Fracture- a case report with review of literature. – accepted for Publication in Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research.
6. Clinical and Functional Outcome of Indus Knee Prosthesis- A prospective Single Centre Study. Medical Journal of Western India. Dec 2009; (37):35-43.
7. Authors’ reply to “ The INDUS knee prosthesis: Prospective multicentric trial of posteriorly stabilized high-flex design: Two years follow-up”- published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. January 2011;45:92-3
8. Factors affecting range of motion in Primary Total Arthroplasty– Medical Journal of Western India Dec 2008.
9. Heel alignment variation before and after total knee arthroplasty – results of a pilot study. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 40-43.
10. Novel technique of preparing articulated hip spacers—technical note- Journal of Orthopedics and rehabilitation.2011
11. Corrective Femoral Osteotomy in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty – Technical note. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 112-114.
12. Comparative Analysis of the Clinical and Functional Outcome of High Flex Indus Knee and Conventional Posteriorly Stabilized Total Knee Prosthesis – Results of a Prospective Cohort Study. Journal of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 51-54.
13. Management of Distal End Radius Fracture by Ligamentotaxis – Thesis submitted for DNB examination.2004, India.
14. Paper on “Case of Giant Cell Tumor” Bagged First Prize in Pune Orthopedic Society.
15. Indian Knee: Total knee replacement Trends: Editor S. K. S. Marya: Chapter 10: Pages 90-101: Dr. Parag Sancheti, Dr. Surendra Patil
16. Partial Hip Replacement In Intertrochantric Fractures – Dr Parag Sancheti, Dr Surendra Patil, Dr Ashok Shyam. Chapter 5, issue 2 in Orthopedic Pearls. Dr C J Thakker, Dr Parag Sancheti. Mediknow Infosol, India 2010, pages 17-20.
17. Hemiarthroplasty for intertrochantric fracture – Authors reply to letter to editor. Indian Journal of orthopaedics May-june 2011
Abstract published at Conferences
1.Clinical, mathematical and virtual analysis of the cantilever bone grafting technique for medial bone defects in total knee arthroplasty- bagged the Late .K.T.Dholakia Award At Ranawat orthopaedic conference January 2011. Cochin, India.
2. Foot Alignment Axis Variation Before And After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Should This Be Considered For Preoperative Planning?- published at 55th Annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association. IOACON 2010, Jaipur, India.
3.Comparative Study Of Clinical And Functional Outcome Of Total Knee Arthroplasty Using Indus Knee Prosthesis And PFC Sigma Prosthesis- published at 55th Annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association. IOACON 2010, Jaipur, India.
4.Prospective Study to compare three different Drain Protocols in Primary Knee Arthroplasty. Whether to use drain and for how long?- Published in 27th Annual conference of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association. MOACON 2010, Nashik, India.
5.A comparative study of effect of tourniquet in total knee replacement- Published in 27th Annual conference of Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association. MOACON 2010, Nashik, India.
6. Prospective Study to compare three different Drain Protocols in Primary Knee Arthroplasty. Whether to use drain and for how long?- Published in 44TH Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference. WIROC 2010, Mumbai, India.
7. Role of suction drain in total knee replacement – published for 36th annual conference of BJMC research Society – March 2010, Pune India
8. Factors affecting range of motion in high flex TKR – Abstract published for WIROC, December 2009, Mumbai, India.
9. Prospective multicentric trial of the INDUS knee prosthesis- Abstract published for WIROC, December 2009, Mumbai, India.
10. Hypotensive anaesthesia with low tourniquet pressure- a viable alternative. Abstract published for ISHKS, May 2007, Chennai, India.
11. Management of Unstable Osteoporotic Intertrochanteric Fractures of the Femur in the Elderly by Primary Partial Hip Replacement. – Abstract published for ISHKS, May 2007, Chennai, India
12. Early of Result of INDUS Knee Prosthesis- Abstract published for ISHKS, May 2007. Chennai, India.
13. Functional outcome of INDUS Knee Prosthesis – Abstract published for POSAC Meeting – May 2008. Pune India.
Posters Published in Conferences
1.Femoral Neuropathy Secondary To Migration Of Unfixed Lesser Trochanter Fragment In A Case Of Primary Hemiarthroplasty For Unstable Intertrochanteric Femur Fracture- A Case Report With Review Of Literature.- published at 55th Annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association. IOACON 2010, Jaipur, India.
2.Role Of Tourniquet In Total Knee Replacement- A Prospective Comparative Study Of Four Protocols – published at 55th Annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association. IOACON 2010, Jaipur, India.
3.Prospective Study To Compare Three Different Drain Protocols In Primary Knee Arthroplasty. Whether To Use Drain And For How Long? – published at 55th Annual conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association. IOACON 2010, Jaipur, India.
4. SICOT WORLD CONGRESS PRAGUE ; poster presentation on medial bone defects in total knee arthroplasty in varus deformity sept 2011.
Presentations at Conferences
1. Clinical, mathematical and virtual analysis of the cantilever bone grafting technique for medial bone defects in total knee arthroplasty- bagged the Late .K.T.Dholakia Award At Ranawat orthopaedic conference ,cochin. INDIA
2. Factors affecting range of motion in Primary Total Arthroplasty – Presentation at MAOCON, December 2009, Aurangabad, India.
3. Implant Selection In Total Hip Arthroplasty – MAOCON, 2007. Amravati, 2009.
4 . Factors affecting range of motion in Primary Total Arthroplasty – Presentation WIROC, Jan 2010, mumbai, India. .
5. Hypotensive anaesthesia with low tourniquet pressure- a viable alternative. At ISHKS, May 2007, hotel le meridian Chennai,
Chapters Written in Text books
1. Partial Hip Replacement In Intertrochantric Fractures page no 17-21, Orthopedic Pearls
Issue 2 : Trauma of the Hip.
2. Indian Knee: Total knee replacement Trends: Editor S. K. S. Marya: Chapter 10 : Pages 90-101: chapter published in Elseiver publication,
Invited faculty at Workshops and Live Demonstration Surgeries;
Delivered lectures ,Performed live demonstration surgeries and workshop at following places , where the practicing orthopaedic surgeons has participated , as a part of continuing medical education programme and propagating the technique of joint replacement surgery to the masses
1.Basic research methodology pune: Facualty under the aegis of Indian Orthopaewdic Research Group for propagation of Research methodology ,
2.Workshop on thesis writing and basics of research methods conducted in sept2011 at Pune
3. Advanced course on research methodology breach candy hospital Mumbai , 22 oct 2011
4. Tips & tricks :The S-ROM Total Hip System—faculty for the HIGH PERFORMANCE HIP CONCLAVE , organised at Seasons hotel by P O Society and saishree hospital pune On 19 th may 2011.
5. Cup orientation : faculty for the HIGH PERFORMANCE HIP CONCLAVE , organised at Seasons hotel by P O Society and saishree hospital pune On 19 th may 2011.
6. Tips and tricks of uncemented T H R—Faculty at Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty Workshop
27 th march 2011 at MIMER medical college Talegaon ,pune
7. Live demo of Total Knee Replacement Surgery – S P Fort Hospital, November 2009 Trivandrum, India.
8. Live demo of Total Knee Replacement Surgery – North-West Zone IOACON 2009, Rohtak, India.
9. Total Knee Replacement – lecture series and live demo – Karnataka, December 2008, Hubli, India.
10. Indus knee replacement workshop at Rajkot Orthopaedic Society and Government Medical College, December 2007, Rajkot, India.
11. Live demo of Total Knee Replacement Surgery – Knee Replacement workshop by TOS, at Kaushalya Medical Foundation, November 2006, Thane, India.
12. Table instructor – Basic Fracture Fixation Course – AASI, 2006, Pune, India,
1. The Late .K.T.Dholakia Award; At Ranawat orthopaedic conference January 2011. Cochin, India.
2. POS Appreciation Award: For outstanding performance at Ranawat Orthopaedic Conference
1. Assessment of the functional outcome between high flexed knee and standard knee prosthesis – a Prospective Study
2. Comparative study of complex and non complex primary total knee replacement – Clinical and Functional Outcome
3. Factors affecting outcome in Revision Total Hip Replacement.
4. Study of Sequential Lateral release in Valgus Knees in Total knee replacement surgery